Sunday, February 1, 2009

Leila Ballerina

Yesterday Leila had her first ballerina class. Although the studio she attended is a bigger and obviously newer than the Sharon Long studio in Tupelo, it brought back a rush of memories of when I took ballet. The hours of practice, the generic classical piano music that we did exercises over and over to. The multitudes of leotards and tights, the blue to black toenails from marching in pointe shoes, the goofing around with my friends during breaks. The performances, and the flowers afterward (thanks Mom and Dad). Even though I stopped my sophomore year in high school, ballet was something that was my very own, it was and still is a part of me, and I am so glad for that experience. Even if it isn't ballet, I hope both Leila and Sabina each find something that they feel the same way about.