Sabina's classroom at school is called the Dewdrop room. (The next room up, full of 2-year-olds, is appropriately called the Hurricane room.) Every day, we fill out an information sheet about how she slept, when she woke up, last diaper change, etc. The teachers fill in other information throughout the day about what they ate, how long their nap was, potty times, and general notes about their behavior.
Sabina's notes always say something about being silly. She is an extremely silly child and loves to laugh, but I think even more, she loves to make other people laugh with her. The other day, in addition to the usual silly comment, the notes said, "Extremely talkative! She even said 'no' to Miss Katie and also asked her 'why'!!!" You mean she has just now started doing that at school?? We have been subject to it for months. We have to specifically ask her to say "yes" just to get some practice in. Something is askew here.
And then I start thinking... how did I view my teachers compared to my parents? Who did I talk back to more? Ah. I think I get it now.
No comments:
Post a Comment